Friday, May 25, 2012

'Duets' Judge Robin Thicke Hopes Middle America Discovers Him break on robin thicke

ABC/RICK ROWELL

Robin Thicke is digit of the entertainer judges on ABC's "Duets."

With American Idol crowning its succeeder on Wednesday, ABC hopes conference will set in to its newborn melodic competition, Duets, premiering weekday at 8 p.m. And digit of its entertainer judges, Robin Thicke, is hoping that the exhibit introduces him to a full newborn audience.

"I've rattling exclusive had digit strain that played on the imbibe charts, Thicke, whose 2006 azygos "Lost Without U" became the No. 1 most played strain in Urban Adult Contemporary and lidded quaternary Billboard charts simultaneously, told reporters recently.

"All my penalization lives on black radio, he said. "So, TV is a Brobdingnagian possibleness to be seen by everyone in Middle USA and every these another places where I don't rattling tour.

PHOTOS: Summer TV Preview

Thicke haw be underestimating his popularity or meet existence modest, but he's understandably appreciative of the exhibit and his man judges, Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, Evangelist Legend and Kelly Clarkson. And the 35-year-old said some combative tiff we wager them vow in onscreen is every in fun.

"I don't conceive some of us are attractive it likewise personally, because we every actually genuinely attitude apiece other, he explained. "Jennifer Nettles, buffoon and John, these are enthusiastic singers. For me, I'm the underdog of the group. I'm meet bright to be conception of it and provide my prizewinning I crapper apiece week.

The exhibit challenges its quaternary superstar judges to handpick digit contestants, who they'll care the initiate with until exclusive digit contestant is left. That mortal will obtain a transcription lessen with tone Records. Yet, Thicke told reporters that he didn't modify undergo judging was conception of the care at first.

STORY: BET Awards 2012 Nominations Announced

"The prototypal movement they gave me was, 'Oh, you're feat to sound on every program in face of jillions of people.' I was like, 'Hey, I fuck to sing. I fuck to attain music.' So, it seemed same an cushy selection to make, he said. "Then after I had already subscribed on, they were like, 'Oh, by the way, you're feat to be judging another people.' I was like, 'Wait, I intellection I was meet performing. I don't poverty to determine anybody.' But, you actualise it's not most judging, it's most inspiring, and disagreeable to provide anything I've scholarly in my occupation backwards to these teen contestants to support with their future.

In visit to encounter those teen contestants, Thicke was presented a bet of recording submissions. From those, he picked most 10 contestants to control into L.A. to set in mortal and on stage. In the end, he chose metropolis doc Alexis Foster and metropolis autochthonous Olivia Chisholm.

"When I saw their tapes, I saw these bonny alcohol and I saw this enthusiastic talent in both of them, the determine said. "And then when I got to sound with them in person, I intellection there was a connection. This exhibit isn't meet most them [singing] on their own, it's most how we combining together. So erst I realized we crapper countenance in apiece other's eyes and create a flash on stage, that was when I prefabricated my decision.

Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro


No comments:

Post a Comment